03 August 2010

Still in the game?

So we went in to my beloved OB today, so have a sonogram and figure out what's going on with baby. In short, we have no idea.
The sonogram produced NO results. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The pregnancy is not ectopic, which is wonderful news. However, they didn't see a thing. My blood tests to this point are inconclusive and my OB thinks that my dates must be very off. I don't understand at all, and you'd think that by my third pregnancy, I'd have my dates down. But no....so they sent me for a third round of blood tests, which are now on their way to Austin for processing. Dr M would like to have my numbers well into the 300s...he told me I'm on pelvic rest and should be drinking as much water as I can. He also said that we shouldn't rule out a healthy baby at this point. So...more waiting. We're getting good at that. I'm cautiously optimistic, but very, very nervous. It's possible that the spotting I called him about last week was actually implantation, which could put a different spin on everything. So...we wait. I have another ultrasound next Friday.
I've been praying to the Divine Mercy like crazy. I don't know why, but it just feels like the right place. And today, I walked into the exam room and came face to face with a beautiful picture of the Divine Mercy. It was enough for me. :-)
So, we'll keep praying and hope that there's a baby beginning in there somewhere! It would truly be a miracle at this point, but I'm certainly not above receiving a miracle now and then.

3 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Still thinking of you and wishing you the very very best.

Just Mairs said...

Congratulations laura - and how frustratingly tense and wonderful and scary and all those things. Have you ever considered Feingold for Miss Molly? She strikes me as a Feingolder at heart - message me if you'd like to chat about it! Praying for your wee one....

Life in the Nutbowl said...

I got chills when you told of the picture you saw! That is a sign! Your faith is inspiring. You have more support than you could imagine. Please keep us posted. But first, take care of yourself.
<3