04 August 2010

Think We'll Just Wait Some More...

My 3rd round of blood tests are in. Also inconclusive. Fabulous. My OB was so confused and concerned that he wants me in first thing in the morning to try to look for himself. I go back tomorrow, for more blood draws, more tests and another sonogram. I am so tired. Both of my arms are bruised and sore from all the needles, my heart is heavy and my mind is just on E. The girls will be staying with a friend in the morning, which will help considerably.
My hCG levels went from 171 to 180 in 4 days. In short, that's bad. But coupled with the absolutely useless sonogram yesterday, my OB is very confused and starting to panic. I'm sure he'll be the one doing the sono tomorrow, to make sure they didn't miss an ectopic pregnancy somewhere. Other than that possibility, I don't know what else could be going on. I'm tired. The progesterone makes me SO exhausted. When I take it in the morning, I'm good if I had a full night's sleep. When I take my evening dose, the events of the day have taken such a toll that when it peaks after an hour, I absolutely crash wherever I am. I just get lightheaded and my eyes just close, and I go to sleep. I think I'm going to start taking it AS I get into bed to avoid an 8pm crash. I took it around 7 tonight and at exactly 8pm, I passed out for about 20 minutes. It's just awful.
So, I'm hoping for answers tomorrow, but it's not looking good. I've been hoping for answers for a week, and all I've gotten is a bunch of big yellow bruises to show for it.
I've resigned myself to a miscarriage, but no one's even talking about that yet, because they can't figure out where it would even come from, if there's nothing there to miscarry. But if there's nothing there, where's the hCG coming from? Trust me - not even Google has an answer for this one...I'd be sad about losing a baby, but so far, there's no baby there to lose. All I'm losing so far is my sanity, my patience and my grip on reality. I've been pregnant for two weeks and I still have no idea if I'm pregnant. This is just bizarre.

1 comment:

G. said...

Hi Laura,

Ask your OB if it could be a missed miscarriage/blighted ovum. This happened to me in March. Basically, there is just enough HCG to get a positive test, but something happened along the way early on when the cells divided and there is no baby. In my case, this went on for 11 weeks before we found out...talk about a head game; for 11 weeks I thought there was a baby and in reality all that was in there was a gestational sac that measured 9 wks with nothing in it. I had less symptoms than I did with my first pregnancy, but just thought I was luckier that time around. I'm hoping this isn't the case for you! They told me my dates had to be off but I knew there was no way. I hope that, at the very least, you get some answers. Thinking of you in PA!