22 August 2010

Toe-tally Broken

I broke my toe. It's black and blue and sore all over. I ran into the brick on our front stoop, walking through the front door. I actually fell over and cried for awhile. I also did NOT use any bad language. Snaps!

This was as we were walking in the house after a trip to the pool. On the way home, I told Andrew that I'm really loving my new gym routine and am just enjoying pushing myself as hard as I can. Spin class is awesome and now I'm going to Total Body Tone, as well, which is really turning out to be a killer. Spin class really isn't "pushing" me much right now, which is good and bad. It means that my endurance is great and I'm in good shape. But it also means that if I don't find something else to mix things up, I'm going to stop seeing great results. So I'm trying a few new classes to see where else I can really work hard. TBT just about killed me on Thursday, so I'm going to go again on Tuesday - I really shouldn't be taking my toe to Total Body, as it's a step class that combines with a tough weight routine, but there's a waiting list and I'm signed up, so I'm not ABOUT to lose my spot to a stupid whiny pinkie toe. I'll just wear one shoe and one flip-flop and do everything I can to keep up. Who knows? With another day of rest, I'm might be able to put my shoe on!

In the meantime, I'm going to hit up yoga, pilates and water fit to make sure I don't slack off. Hopefully I can get to spin by the end of the week. :-( We also have a bajillion playdates, meetings and other things to get to this week, so Pinkie better straighten up and heal quick!

No comments: