20 November 2009

May I Be Candid?

I feel positively awful. My postpartum "womanly business" has been back for two months. It had to happen, of course, but it's treating me badly enough that I actually scrambled to find an OB for a checkup stat. So as if round 2 of this craziness wasn't bad enough this week, I can down with the mother of all sore throats yesterday early. Happily, it subsided pretty quickly and I spent last night out and all day today cleaning like a beast.
Until 4pm, where I promptly can down with what can only be the flu. Sob. I'm so excited about this weekend. I can't be sick. I feel like I've been hit y a truck, chills, headache, nausea, neck pain, it's all there. I was half-joking when I said I'd take anything over a sore throat...I think I'm battling some mild anemia after the week I had with everything else, so I just feel lousy, you know?
Andrew plugged Luce into the Wiggles and took Mo to walmart for a few things, so I'm resting and waiting for the truckload of Tylenol Flu I ordered. I am so sad. I spent all day cleaning so I could spend the weekend wrestling with my girls and kissing my man. Now I'm all shaky and weak and ill. I don't do ill well.
Thankfully, we have no plans. And, Andrew is not flying to Bogota on Sunday night like we'd been expecting. I'm so happy to have him around!
We have nothing at all planned for thanksgiving, except maybe watching the parade and some football. I just want to be cozy with my favorite people and have something yummy to eat.



- Laura & Andrew

2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Feel better soon. Sounds like you've gone some great "nurses" there to help.

emily said...

Sorry, Laura, that you're not feeling well. I'm so glad that you have your hubby at home! Feel better soon!