04 November 2009

So How's Texas?

Well, you know by now that we're settling in pretty well, but people keep asking me how I'm adjusting. So far, so good. The girls aren't sleeping very well lately, but they're babies. They sleep when they want to. Andrew and I are working hard to make sure we have plenty of time just the two of us, which means recommitting to a 7pm bedtime for the girls and making frequent evenings trips to the gym to work out together. Our gym time is sacred and so far the girls have been great about spending time in the kid's room while we spend some time together.
I love our house so much. It's so clean, open and peaceful. Lucy hates it currently, but only because she just wants to be "out." When we pull up to the driveway, she has a fit every time. We're keeping her busy, but at 2 and a half, that's a constant challenge.
I have a couple of friends in the area, but am not really DOING a whole lot right now. I'm perfectly fine with that. We are still just driving one car, because we figured it's a sensible time to do so. We're not busy, I'm staying at home with the girls and they require very little in the way of a social life. I drop Andrew at work a couple of times a week, usually Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the girls and I run errands and go to the gym in the am. After we pick Andrew up, we have a late sit-down dinner all together. That's nice. On the other days of the workweek, Andrew takes the car and picks us up after he gets off. We all head to the gym and then Andrew and I have a late dinner alone or with Lucy, who is usually hungry again by this time. It's working out well so far. We figure we'll buy a bigger, 2nd car when the time comes that we actually need one. Andrew may get a motorcycle in the used time, to make the 10 minute drive to work on nice days.
And speaking of nice days...boy is it gorgeous down here this week. I've been getting little sun naps here and there and the girls are loving the sundress weather into November! What a very nice Fall, indeed.
Well, I have things to do. Lucy and I are working on a Thanksgiving project and I have to get back to it! Pictures coming soon!

Kisses,

Laura

No comments: