05 May 2010




Lucy. This girl just rocks everything in me. She is such a sweet little dreamer. Her imagination just flies and she would give anything to just cuddle with me. She's been sick today, so we spent most of our day just sitting on the couch, chatting and watching Clifford.
Lucy gets in bed with us in the middle of the night, most nights. I'll wake up to feel her tiny little hands stroking my cheeks. When I open my eyes, she's wide awake, gazing at me while I sleep. She alwas smiles and whispers, "I love you, Mommy...go to sleep, okay?" That fact that anyone would lie awake at night stroking my face is unbelievable in itself, but she just treats me with such reverence. I don't know who spends more time mothering whom around here. Someday she'll be stroking the face of someone who loves her hair, but didn't spend years gently picking the tangles out. Someone who delights in her laugh, but wasn't the one who heard it first. Someone who loves her legs, but didn't watch them wobble down the hallway. How do mothers ever get past the day their babies stop gazing at them with so adoration? That day just might break my heart. And now I'm crying. I need help.

- Posted with love from my iPhone

No comments: