30 May 2010

What a fabulous weekend it's been so far. We started by picking up our shiny new van and we spent last night eating sloppy joes and watching Mad Men til we passed out. This morning Andrew slept in and then we went our separate ways, each with a girl. Andrew and Lucy had a date to do some birthday shopping and the Mo and I went out searching for furniture. We all reconvened back here around naptime and Molly and I had a GREAT afternoon siesta.
I picked up our babysitters at 5 and the Husband and I had a great night out on the town. We bought cigars for him and shoes for her and ate on the roof at the Flying Saucer. We grabbed a couple of little chocolates at Schokolad and wrapped up the night with drinks and live jazz at the Scat Lounge. Perfection.
There was this couple whipping out some mean moves on the dance floor at Scat. Imagine if you will, the ghost of a robust oil tycoon circa 1917. Perfectly trimmed hair with a bit of a combover, bowtie, smart hat and well-groomed face.
This guy knew he was all that and a bowl of hummus. Normally, the role of the man in a pair on the dance floor is to show off the woman. Not so for Joe Tycoon and the Missus! He was just going to town. I so wanted to enjoy the music, the two of them living it up Mad Hot Ballroom style was absolutely distracting to the nth degree. So strange.

Also, I saw a weird sign today. It was a business sign. "Bail bonds by a fireman."

No joke. And with that, it's my birthday!

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Happy birthday genius, beautiful, funny lauraaaaaa...happy birthday to me! (aaaand manyyyy moooooorrreeee...)

In the morning, Church! And then we're going to nap and play until Concerts in the Gardens - we're going on a birthday picnic to see the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra's big band night. And fireworks! So excited! Pictures to follow!


- Posted with love from my iPhone

No comments: