07 May 2010

Whew.

It has been a whirlwind morning. It's finally naptime and I am SO going to spend it sitting.

So my period should have been here Tuesday. Today is Friday. What does a mother of two toddlers do when she begins to suspect she's pregnant? She opens a business, of course!

We're still working out the kinks. This is going to be an "up at 5am" venture, I think. I need to really discipline myself to stop wasting naps and staying up too late. All of that just adds up to a tired Mama who feels incredibly organized. I was once a slave to my lists. I need to do that again.

I had a tough time deciding to do a store in the first place. I have a REALLY hard time straying from my "job" of taking care of the house and raising the kids. It's a full-time job! That said, the girls need to see a Mama who thinks on her feet, asserts herself and has interests outside of sweeping the floor. This is always something that I can drop in a flash if it becomes too overwhelming, but I think it'll fit nicely with our busy little family. We have the space to do it and we're comfortable enough that I think I can safely look forward to my own work space and a fairly large kitchen down the road when we buy, as well. My biggest challenge is Molly, who is at a tender age. I'm hoping that seeing Mama busy will encourage her to find her own activities and really learn to play independently.

Oh, right, back to the pregnancy.

Am I pregnant?!? I really didn't think much about it because this week has been kicking my donkey. (LOL, what???) I've been running like a maniac and didn't even realize I was "missing" something until NFP came up again. So I decided not to test, because I really didn't care to spend money on what was sure to be a negative test. I mean, after all, if you're pregnant, you're pregnant.

Well, my back went out mid-cookie today and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. Thank goodness it turned out to be cramps in the form of terrible back pain. As I watched Molly scramble up the back of the couch and fly off the other side, I knew thia was God's way of telling me He understood.

So in the meantime, it's time to start perfecting the art of the cookie. Well, the art of running a cookie business. It's going to be a long summer!

No comments: