09 May 2010

Mother's Day!

What a wonderful Mother's Day! (And not just because I finally had a day to sleep in...) 

So you're probably wondering what a fabulous husband like Andrew gives his gorgeous, intelligent, witty, hard-working, "I still have a baby pooch", tired, creative and fun-loving wife for Mother's Day. 

A bike and trailer! Whee! (And not just because I still have a baby pooch.) I am so, so, so, so excited! I think he was secretly relieved when I said yesterday at the park, "We should totally buy bikes and a trailer." The poor guy was still giftless and was all too happy to take me to pick out the perfect bike. Now I just have to find some sweet jumps for the girls and I. ;-) 
Molly was none too pleased with her new helmet, but we're hoping she gets used to it. Anything to distract them for a couple of hours!

Let's see...the rest of Mother's Day was perfect. I slept in, woke up for French toast, went to Mass with my darling Andrew and went out to lunch with my sweeties. After lunch we drove up to Southlake for a little shopping spree, and then took a nice drive through the country to look at some houses while the angels slept. When we got home, it was birthday time and everyone just sort of melted down over and over. We just put Lucy in bed and I think we're going to settle in for some "Big Bang Theory" and a quiet evening on the couch. I need that. It's been perfect, but exhausting! 

The best part of my day? Walking out into the living room this morning and hearing all the little screams from my admirers, so thankful that I was finally up for a cuddle! 

No comments: