06 May 2010

Moving Miracle

So today is the National Day of Prayer. I read in the bulletin that our parish would be praying the Rosary at 12:20 at Keller Town Center, which lined up perfectly with our journal group meeting. I emailed everyone and let them know about it and some (all?) of us decided to go after the meeting. We drove through Chik-Fil-A to get lunch for the kids, who were going to be missing lunch and part of their naps to be at the Rosary. We finally got there, got everyone settled and started praying.

Everyone on our side of the circle had little kids running everywhere, so it was really hard to concentrate, but it wasn't about concentration. It was about exercising our rights and praying for our country. The kids ran around and yelled and made a fuss and we mommies tried to hold it together.

It was a gorgeous, sunny 91-degree day. With a few wispy clouds in the sky, it was very hot and sticky. A gorgeous day to be outside for a little while.

As we rounded the corner into the 3rd Mystery, about 5 of us looked up at the sky all of a sudden. There in the sky was this:

One of the clouds had turned into a beautiful rainbow. (Click on the picture to enlarge it- it's gorgeous!) It was so big and vibrant and amazing. This was taken on my cell phone, so you can just imagine what it looked like in real life.  We were just speechless and so moved. I've never seen anything like this in my life and I know I'll never see anything like it again. As quickly as it had come, it started to move along and dissipate back into the sky. As we wept a little, knowing we were indeed in the right place with our cranky kids and our Rosaries, I could just feel so much love around me from my fellow moms and wonderful friends. We're coming to the end of our journal group meetings and they're exhausting, emotional and so moving. This was an amazing way to wrap up an amazing experience and I know it's a story we'll all tell for years and years to come.

I guess even though Motherhood requires you to pray with your eyes open, you're more likely to see miracles that way.

1 comment:

Life in the Nutbowl said...

Rainbows always remind me of Gods love. I love this post!