27 March 2011

The end is near...

Well, another weekend wrapped up and done. We went to church this morning and then did some shopping so I won't have to leave the house for a few days. I really don't have any plans this week, so we're going to keep things low-key and quiet. We stopped at Michaels for some craft supplies, and Lucy and I are going to make a garden with tissue paper flowers. Fantastic.

We spent most of the afternoon working on the guest room. So far, it looks beautiful! I love to entertain and host guests, and I love staying at someone's house and feeling like I could spend an entire week in their guest room. I mean, if they're spending their vacation here, I want them to feel like they're on vacation! Our colors are turquoise and black with green accents and it's coming along great. Andrew says it's gothic, but he always reserves judgement until the final sigh, so I'm not worried about him. :-) We got the bed back together and the artwork is almost completely hung. I'm working on a special little treat for one last corner, and I would really like a cute rug for it, and then I'll be just about done! (I'm also looking for a zebra print super soft throw. Any ideas?) so yeah, we're almost ready for...

THE BABY!!

This is absolutely my favorite part of pregnancy. All those baby parts are big and fun to push around, just enough time left to relax and still know the end is near, burning enough calories to eat like a prisoner on death row, baby is responding and showing his/her personality and the days are all full enough to know that I'll be nice and busy right up to B-Day. Most women tend to get really psycho at this point, but it's sort of like December for me. The big day is coming, and each day on the calendar is fun, happy and getting closer to a joyful noise. The last month is by far the best. And knowing the day I'll be delivering really helps, because I don't have to wonder if I'll be going another 4 weeks past that. I had Lucy at 41.5 weeks. This baby is coming out at 38. That's almost a month more of hard time, so I know this is, by far, a much better deal.

I just can't wait to meet this little person. Seeing how much Molly and Lucy have shocked and surprised us in so many was makes the wait so hard. We're dying to see who's in there! I think the anticipation must get harder with every baby. Once you really see how awesome it is to get to know a little person you've created, it's really hard to stop making people...we have been so blessed by our fertility and openness to children - I just pray that we're smart enough to listen to the Lord where our family is concerned. He hasn't steered us wrong so far - each pregnancy and baby has turned out to be so amazing. If my uterus wasn't a ticking time bomb, I'd probably have 40 of the little cherubs. (this has to be proof of just how blessed/crazy we really are. 33-week pregnant women aren't usually yapping about openness to life at this point. If I can do it, anyone can!)

I'm feeling...okay? My back and hips have been MIA for weeks and weeks, but there is just nothing I can do about it at this point. There is so much comfort in knowing that I only have a few weeks to go. The baby is about 5 pounds now and really pays close attention to what's going on out here. S/he seems to recognize Molly's voice and appears to cover his/her neck and head in self-defense with speed and without hesitation, so we may still have 3 children in a year or so. I doubt any younger sibling of hers will ever truly leave the fetal position, so starting out as a fetus is definitely a good first step. Otherwise, this is by far the most active tenant my little people-greenhouse has ever seen. My pregnancy with Molly pales in comparison to this one. I'm a little scared of what I'm up against, but #3 absolutely needs to be able to outrun #2. It's very much the survival of the fittest around here. Lucy is bigger than Molly, and she's still more evolved at this point. She can usually outwit her, but Molly is starting to show signs of lapping her in that department in just a few more months. I just hope this baby can learn to hunt and stalk before Molly loses all her spots.

It looks like I've escaped gestational diabetes, so that's a huge relief. How I'd get through another month without a steady stream of sugar is beyond me. I've gained about ten pounds this time around, and expect to gain another 5 or so before sundown on the 2nd. A total weight gain of 15 would be perfect for this pregnancy, as I was finally getting into really good shape before I got pregnant. Then again, all of that massive cycling muscle I was toting around has now turned to fat since having to leave the gym, so the first order of business post-baby will be a spin bike and an hour a day to get some good exercise in. (Because we all know that adding more children to your life also makes the days longer and gives you tons of time to work out...) I really haven't even thought about weight or the post-baby plan throughout my pregnancy. Finding spinning before I got pregnant was amazing. Not only did it start to make great changes and give me a really positive feel for fitness, but it completely gives me hope that my post-baby weight loss is doable and completely attainable. That peace of mind has made this pregnancy so fun and stress-free.

You really don't have to read all of this idle prattle. I just like to be able to look back on my pregnancies and babies, and I'm winding down to an early bedtime from a pretty relaxing weekend, so I have major mind to burn.

Well, I'm off to catch up on some blog reading and to make a couple moves in Words With Friends. My life is nothing but an adventure, I tell you...

No comments: