22 March 2011

It's QUESADILLA-SIZED.

So tonight I threw Poppers in the backpack for the walk around the block. I wasn't going through another walk where daddy-is-the-bad-guy like yesterday. That was exhausting. God Bless Kelty. I threw her in this thing and she loved it.

Lucy talked the entire time we were out, like usual. Lots of it was 3 y/o gibberish. Making up phrases like that rhyme with "going to the creek" (where we walked to) like, "Glowing to the pleak"; "Snowing with the sleek" or my personal favorite tonight "kabloomin' to the ball-eek".

On the way home, 1/2 way back, this occurred:
L: Tree, free, dee, that's a big one [points to a very small tree].
A: No it's not. That's a itsy bitsy little one.
L: No dad, that's a spider.
A: You are correct. Isty Bitsy is a spider, not a tree.
L: That one is big. That one is small. That's a medium one. That one is bigger than daddy. That one is like Molly. And THAT one is quesadilla-sized.
A: [after laughing my @$$ off w/ the neighbor who also heard this]... Excuse me? How big is that one? [pointing to the same shrub]
L: Oh, that one? [She shrugs a shoulder and lazily points to it again] Oh yeah, that one is quesadilla-sized.
A: [Holding back the laughter because her face was DEAD serious]... how big or small is "quesadilla-sized" exactly.
L: [walking well up into our neighbor's yard, placing her hand chin high and over the shrub], Clearly Dad, it's this high [and rolling her eyes like 'duh, you should be able to see this w/o me coming into the yard and SHOWING you!']

Oh boy... can't wait for the teenage years. "Kabloomin'", "Clearly" [with attitude] and "quesadilla-sized" all in one walk. This was a GOOD one.

I love you Lucy Cooke. I love you beyond belief. Also, you and your new pink scooter your Mom bought you are just a pair made in heaven. You love that thing even if you're well... let's just say "still figuring it out" ;-)

And Molly Pops, you rode in that Kelty the whole trip. I have bruises on my head and bite marks in my shoulders (you little monster); BUT you were definitely more kind than yesterday so THANKS for that ;-) I love you too... also beyond belief.

Love, Dad 22 March 2011

Also, we're on the countdown now final wks for Baby #3 and we're super-duper excited. Like "OMG" excited. Cannot stinkin' wait. Aunt Kasie and Mimi (Grandma Jen) are making plans to be in TX for the big day and surrounding day(s)! Yay!

No comments: