21 March 2011

Gimme shelter, indeed.

I'm sure glad we're not under serious pressure to buy a home. It's so nice when we can take our time and really get what we envision.

The offer is still standing on the lakehouse. We'll know next week If the current contract closes. If it doesn't, we're next in line for the house. If it does, we're preparing a short list of houses we'd like to offer on instead. I think we have about a 60/40 shot at getting the lakehouse, but they may surprise us. The guy who's been making the decisions at the bank is a real gem and has been giving the opposing team all KINDS of extensions and helpful hints to try to get their deal through. Gag. If they went with us, it'd be a done deal. Please.

We found another house about 4 minutes (we're 10 min now - talk about a long commute...) from Andrew's office, and it's beyond gorgeous. We love the neighborhood and that particular area, and it's really just a matter of hoping that it sits on the market just one more week so that we can make sure the lakehouse falls through before we make an offer on it. His timing is always perfect, as they say.

The gals and I have been keeping very busy today, cleaning the house and arranging here and there to make ready for baby. Having had two previous c-sections, my focus is on the ease of recovery. So lots of the moving and organizing has to do with bending, twisting and lifting. I need to keep in mind that the more I stress my body, the longer my recovery will take. So I'm putting an emphasis on putting supplies and things I'll need to get for myself in places where I can grab them easily without a lot of strain.

Tomorrow we have a mom's meeting in the morning and we'll be neglecting the house all day otherwise. Home for naps, outside for the afternoon. I'm going to our parish mission tomorrow night, and at this point in my pregnancy, more than one activity in one day is a LOT for me. So my success at going out tomorrow night will depend on how much I can rest tomorrow during the day. :-/
I am tired. 6 weeks left. 6 weeks left. 6 weeks left.

No comments: