13 March 2011

On faithfulness and simplicity

Well, it looks like we won't be getting the lake house. Not that I can really complain. With this bouncy, healthy baby inside me and two sweet little girls hanging from my legs all day, I have all I need. With Andrew tucking me in each night and laughing at this life of ours, I know I'm blessed beyond words.

Our current living quarters are ten times more beautiful and adequate than most people in this vast world could ever dream of - who am I to complain about missing out on something bigger and better? I know that even if our house was half the size it is now, it would still be more than we need, rental or not. What we NEED in this life is to love the people around us and to have faith that our simple lives will be richly rewarded when the time comes.

We went to Walmart today and bought groceries, on the way to Church. Andrew bought a few things for car maintenance and I bought a few household items. Each girl was rewarded with a little plastic spray bottle to play with outside. How BLESSED are we that I just pulled out my check card and bought those items? I do believe I thank God every day that I can buy a bag of cheetos when the mood strikes. Not because I love Cheetos, but because these tiny things we take for granted are the very things that should give us immense joy.

We spent yesterday cleaning the garage - wheeeee...it does, however, look amazing now. Molly kept running off around the side of the house. Not really a big deal in our neighborhood, where there are adults and children everywhere and everyone sort of runs wild, but I still freak when I lose sight of either of them, so we tend to call them back every single time they walk around the corner of the house.

Everytime Molly wandered off and one of us yelled for her, I couldn't help but think, "how awesome is it that my little girl is running off and getting into trouble?" I will NEVER complain about having a kid who's healthy enough to cause trouble.

As I type this, she's in her room, partying too hard to nap. As long as I get a short break to regroup, I really don't care if she naps or not. Andrew and Lucy are in the master bedroom, out cold. The only thing that really stinks is that because I have to monitor the Molly Monster, I'm missing the opportunity for a glorious Sunday nap. I do want to get outside to mow and weed the front bed, but a nap was high on my list. Ah, there he is now. LOL, Molly woke him up from across the house. Baby Tex better be a good coper, because this household really shows no mercy to the weak and light-sleeping. :-) just ask Andrew. Poor guy hasn't slept in over 5 years.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

ugh. I'm such a light sleeper! I know how he feels. This morning Michael tried to let me sleep in.. and the kids were all up and attempting to be quiet, but Benjamin would peep every time the food ran out or he couldn't hold his cup up high enough to drink the milk. I heard him each time and totally couldn't go back to sleep so I gave up! blah! sorry about the house, but it's all in His hands! :)