03 March 2011

probably shouldn't be blogging right now...

I am so incredibly tired and cranky. I've kind of had a cranky week. I'm just running out of steam and feel very, very restless and unsettled...
This will be an unsettled and restless post. You've been warned.
So I guess we're househunting again? Our lease is up in August and it being March now, it's time to open our eyes and make a list of what we want in a home. That's tiring to me, but starting now means we have time. We've narrowed it down to a neighborhood/area we love, and I think that'll really help this time around. When we thought we were going to buy last summer, our search was incredibly scattered and disorganized. This time, we know we want to be near the water and we want to live in a home that feels like we're always on vacation. Luckily, North Texas home prices can make that a reality for us. What else do we want?
2000 sf +
Big lot/acreage
Large kitchen/chef's kitchen
4+ bedrooms
Two living areas
Mature trees
Quiet street
Unique house/old neighborhood
Construction prior to 1977, if possible
One level
No pool

We've found a few houses that have most, if not all, of these wishes. I want the kids to have plenty of room to run and play as safely as possible. And Andrew wants to fish. The area we love is a longer commute for him to work, and a longer drive for us to get to our friends and activities. It is, however, close to our beloved YMCA, varied shopping and nearer to Jenny and Paul. All good things.
It already feels like narrowing the search to a smaller area and waiting for "our house" is the better choice for us. If we get closer to our lease being up/Autumn and still haven't found the lake house we're looking for, we may expand the search area and possibly alter our wishes more. In the meantime, we save our pennies and say our prayers.

In other news, Molly has decided that she prefers to be naked 107% of the time now. She will be moving to the lake area before the rest of us, I think. Surely someone has some use for a scraggly-looking, lawn-ornament-sized, cantankerous 2-year-old. Anybody? No? Tough crowd...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your home search. My list of things I wanted was similar to yours but in townhouse form (since I live in expensive-land). I am closing on a house that backs up to the lake a week from today! I'm so excited!
Can't wait to see what you can find in TX.
~Kandi