12 March 2011

This has to be a baby boom.

Do you know that I'm currently working on baby gifts for seven babies? And then there's my own baby, who needs all sorts of cute things, too...I am going to be sewing until my head falls off.

Today I'm working on nursing covers. I'm really opposed to the whole idea, but down here in the South, women tend to be a tad more modest. So, if I have to wear one, it's going to be as cute as it can possibly be. I went out yesterday and bought fabric and all the notions, and am currently working on 6 covers at once. It's just easier to do each step 6 times than to try to remember what comes next on each one, I think.

Yesterday it was burp cloths. I did 8 and then pretty much passed out. I'm really thinking that I'm going to be listing some stuff on my Etsy store, but my friends are going to have to stop having babies first! About half of them are too early in their pregnancies for me to really get serious about what exactly to make, so that's actually fantastic, timing-wise. If they were all 31 weeks like me, I'd just be mailing packages of diapers. I wish I'd known how to sew like this when I was having Lucy and Molly - it's so easy and SO fun, and I'm saving so much money making all of this myself. And it all looks so adorable I could just pass out from the cuteness.

In other news, we really didn't do a whole lot today. The girls went down for late naps and Molly is still out. I chose to let them trash the kitchen and play independently so that I could sew, and they ended up playing together until 2! We're going to go out tonight for dinner and a drive, so I suppose they'll be up late anyway.

We have a very open weekend ahead of us - thank the Lord! Nothing but relaxation, organization and some prayer on Sunday! I think we'll fix up a fancy dinner on Sunday night with all the fixins'. Gotta keep it real, you know.

Lent is going well, 3 days in. I did pop onto Facebook for a hot second yesterday, to find some information about our dear family friend, James, who's living in Japan right now. (I'm not even sure "right now" is correct, as he's been there for years now...) I just needed to message him/his sister and thankfully the first post I saw was that he's presumed to be safe and well, but may be without power/internet for quite awhile. Please keep James and his adopted home in your prayers - I can't imagine the devastation running through the entire country right now.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

I think that's a good use of FB!! I'm so glad they are ok. The Whitfields friends/family that are in Japan are ok too- praise God. we are praying for Japan and everyone.

Totally with you on the baby boom... yikes. I know atleast 6 ppl pregnant right now and I'm crocheting my fingers off! it's so hard! lol
Love you!