26 March 2011

The hostess with the mostest.

So because I'm 33 weeks pregnant and nesting, I have decided to do a makeover on the guest room. After all, new babies mean lots of guests!

Andrew may or may not support my ambitions, but he'd never tell me either way, the little dear. So this morning he took the guest bed apart and hauled it outside for a new coat of black satin paint. It's now sexier than even myself. I know, I know...HOW is that possible??

I spent most of my day re-painting odds and ends and transforming trash into treasure. The neighbor kids were kind enough to come over and let me know that they know I'm pregnant and not just really fat. This is what happens when you leave the garage door open too long. Raccoons, stray cats and neighbor kids.

As a result of emptying 6 bottles of spray paint onto my belongings, my left arm is cramped up beyond belief and I'm in bed with an ice pack, typing one-handed.

Tomorrow we'll begin the process of reassembling the room. Epic.

1 comment:

Jennifer Merkel said...

You are too much...
Yes, you should write a book.
"30 Home Improvement Projects you can do without your Husband". It would be very humorous. OR...you could do a "Cake Wrecks" of home improvements. You have a flair for such things. I, for one, would LOVE to read what you would have to say about other people's disastrous attempts at DIY.