23 March 2011

Hump Day Happiness

I love Wednesday when we have absolutely nothing to do. Bliss. We may or may not have friends coming for a playmate in a bit, but that's really it for our day.

I have about two hours worth of housework in me every day. I used the entire time up this morning, and my back is already starting to hurt. The problem for me is that I like a sparkling clean house. I enjoy cleaning and organizing, and I love seeing everything in it's place. It's not a chore to me, because I know the end result will give me so much peace. I love giving Andrew a clean, peaceful home when he walks in the door. I just feel like he works hard enough that he deserves to come home to find things in their places and where he left them. And I absolutely hate walking through the house in the dark and hoping I'm not going to step on anything. There is nothing worse than stepping on something and screaming out an expletive in the middle of an otherwise quiet night.

The problem right now is that keeping house is a full-time job and at best, I'm a part-time worker. It's not that I'm scrubbing all day long, because who does that? Ick. I just like things picked up. But picking up requires bending, and I only have about 200 good bends in me a day. I would say the average stay-at-home mom with toddlers bends, squats and twists well over 700 times a day. Not to mention picking up babies, vacuuming, sweeping and laundry. That's just an estimate, of course. When I add in gym time and playdates, I'm betting I bend about 1000 times a day. I'm missing about 800 bends a day right now. You can only imagine. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks about bending this much, but I'm betting most very pregnant mamas give it a fair amount of thought.

I wonder if I can mod podge over tin.

Last night I went out with my gal pals for confession and a night out. That was excellent. There is really no better way to start a girl's night out than with a little forgiveness and soul-baring. Our parish mission was last night with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal and they're just such a spectacular group. Confession was wonderful and I came away from it feeling so refreshed and excited for what's ahead. There is nothing better than getting things out. 

After confession, we went to the Baja Grill for Mexican food and margaritas. I watched them drink margaritas, which was almost as good as the real thing! Baby Tex and I enjoy a virgin drink and some quesadillas, so it's all good. 

Well, our playdate has been moved to Friday. That's all well and good, but now I'm totally stumped as to what to do with the rest of the day. I have $5. I think we're going to go over to Cabela's and feed the fish. We live a rockstar life, y'all. 

No comments: