14 March 2011

a generous spread

Folks, I am so pooped. After two days of jaw pain, I ended up in the ER tonight, looking for answers. No answers yet, and the veritable buffet of painkillers isn't doing much of anything. I've actually never felt pain like this, and I can handle quite a bit. There were fewer tears with my 44 hour labor with Lucy. And really, anything that convinces me to pay an ER copay on a Sunday night has to be serious.

So, tomorrow will be a day of doctor visits and phone calls, trying to figure this out. At the moment I'm hoping that the last three things I took will kick in and let me sleep for a few hours.

Everyone seems to think it's my jaw, either grinding, clenching or bruxing. (that sounds like such a dirty word. "ma'am, your daughter was found bruxing with some ne'er do well in the park...") Andrew, who is actually the world's lightest sleeper, says that my jaw is very uninvolved in my resting, so I'm thinking it's something else. The ER doc just gave me a bottle of narcotics and said, "well, best of luck to you...and this will make your baby sleepy." She has obviously never met the Tex. S/he is just bopping away in there, thrilled that mommy grabbed a mountain dew from KFC on the way home. The pain may even be easing enough to get an hour or so of sleep, but anyone attached to this uterus is still wide awake and enjoying a super-fun fetal hoedown.

Otherwise, we had a great weekend. Productive Saturday, relaxing Sunday. We took both girls to mass this morning to avoid the nasty nursery germs that I've been hearing about. Mo always makes the Church experience feel a little like taking the funny farm on a field trip. Today she was drilling us on anatomy and treating the Body of Christ to the Body of Molly. She really never fails to add interest. Needless to say, 1/3 of the Mass was spent "getting some air."

Well folks, I think the Texter is finally settling down, so I'm going to wrap this up and sleep on my ice pack. At least the Vicodin is working for one of us. :-( I'll update tomorrow, if I'm not dead. How's that for optimism?

No comments: