27 April 2009

And now for some real talking...

I find it unbelievable that I have to paint my kitchen pink to get a satisfactory number of comments. Sigh.
So, yeah, Andrew was awesome about letting me paint the kitchen pink. He's very open-minded about decorating and it was exactly what the kitchen needed to lighten up and tie everything together. I even like our countertops now, which is a major miracle. He said, "Any color you want - just don't make me paint." It really brings everything in the kitchen together well and it makes the wood a little less dark, which was a serious must. It looks great with all of the stainless and brushed steel elements we have, so I'm very happy. And let's be honest, here. I'm a housewife. The kitchen is my office. As sort of a throwback to the housewife of bygone eras, and to really help our our Cape Cod feel like new again, it needed to be the perfect shade of feminine and fun. And it is.
In other news, I have two very sick little girls on my hands. I'm going to be calling the doctor as soon as they open to get them in today. Molly started off with a little runny nose, and now she's so congested she can't breathe and she's choking like crazy if she's not upright all the time. She woke me up in the middle of the night, choking and gagging. It scared me to death. She's just so tiny. I had her sleep in her carseat and put the humidifier next to her, but she's still not getting better. Lucy is also sick, but I'm not completely sure that she needs to be seen. I think she just has a cold...Andrew said he thinks he's coming down with something strep-ish, so I'll update this thing later after the pedi.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm painting my kitchen next weekend. The color is called Chocolate Froth, and it looks exactly how it sounds... like the perfect glass of chocolate milk! I'm VERY excited :)