07 April 2009

Our Sweet Girls

These pictures of the girls hanging out together were too cute not to post. Lucy is just enthralled with Molly. My (secretly) favorite thing that she does to Molly is when she notices Molly just sitting quietly, she'll run up and yell, "Mol-lee!!!" and Molly's arms and legs will go flying in surprise, sending Lucy into fits of laughter. I'm sure Molly's hearing will suffer for it in the end, but Lucy just loves to see her sister react. She never forgets to kiss her goodnight and she loves to make her "kick" in the bathtub. I'm pretty sure she still just thinks Molly is quite possibly the best toy we could give her, but boy does Lucy love her little sister!







In other news, I broke my rule this morning and weighed myself. I was really happy with the number, so today I'm just resolving to get through the day without putting anything back on. I'm keeping track of what I'm eating and am going to try to get a workout in, regardless of the snow on the ground outside. It's really frustrating trying to lose weight when you're breastfeeding, because you can't cut a whole lot out of your diet without your supply suffering. So, I'm doing it gradually and putting Molly first, which feels good in theory but is a little tougher in front of the mirror. I'm 5 weeks postpartum and I don't have my postpartum checkup until 8 weeks, so I'm mostly back to normal but am trying to keep control of my energy until I'm totally good. It feels like it's been so much longer than 5 weeks...

No comments: