25 April 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Andrew and I aren't really "stuff" people. We don't have a lot of stuff and we're constantly giving things away and getting rid of things we don't use anymore. We're just not packrats.
That being said, there are a few things in my house that I love SO much.


My picture wall. From top left, Andrew and I on Halloween, 2007, our first kiss as man and wife, Lucy's baptism, outside the church on our wedding day, and Lucy's first trip to Port Angeles.

Lucy's playroom. It's SO nice to have a place to stash her toys. her room is upstairs and we just don't use a lot of it, so the toys she uses daily are next to the kitchen where we can all find them during the day and throw them at night.

Our bathroom mirror. It's just retro cute and I adore it.

The couples we collected on our honeymoon.


The mantle. I love this picture of Molly and I adore this old mirror I found in the basement and cleaned up. Andrew doesn't like the mirror, but I think it's awesome.

I loved this prayer so much I framed it!


Our occasional table. $5! What's not to love about a $5 table that cleans up beautifully? I sigh with happiness when I walk by it.

My Franciscanware. It belonged to my Great-Grandma Maggie and I love it. I have pieces of it all over the house just because it's too beautiful to have in storage.

Our country star. It looked funny outside, so it's in the dining room. I bought this before we even found a house. We knew we wanted a star on the house we bought, but we had no idea what the house would look like. So it sits in our dining room and looks very nice there. Just another example of Andrew's luck.

My awesome chandelier. I say "my" because Andrew hates it with a passion. I think it's totally fun and so kitschy and awesome. I pretty much just love the dining room.

At the top of this shelf is my Great-Grandma Betty's Household Searchlight cookbook. It's old and full of weird stuff. The second shelf houses her coffee pot. I love this funny-looking coffee pot and it makes wonderful coffee. The third shelf is for the silver sugar and creamer set. Grandma Susie gave them to me last time we were in Port Angeles. THIS is why the chandelier stays.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love that you have incorporated heirlooms and second-hand items in your house. It makes a house feel much more like home!