03 April 2009

I'm not usually one to complain...

But today I feel like this:
Or this:

and a little like this:

Lucy is hitting the terrible two's with great vigor. The thought of the entire day looming before me gives me a bad feeling way down in the pit of my stomach. She's been absolutely nuts for two very long days. The mornings go great, naptime is blissful and the late afternoons are terrible. That would be fine, except for the fact that yesterday afternoon is now this morning and she's STILL being a very terrible toddler. Thank God she gave me 5 weeks of perfection while we were getting used to Molly.
So, I think I'm going to buy a reward chart today. She really needs something to focus on.I'm also planning on cutting out almost ALL of the sugar she eats to give her a more balanced attitude. And, we're going to introduce the potty to give her somewhere to focus some of this rotten energy. We're not potty training, but I AM going to let her start learning about how these things work. After her Potty Power DVD yesterday, she's very pumped about it, so we'll see what happens. If she seems enthusiastic, I may start pushing it a little more. Whatever...
Today we really need to find something to do. I want to go to Kohl's to look for a pair of jeans, but I'm a little afraid of taking both girls to try on pants. It sounds like it could be quite the operation. However, we really can't just sit around here all day. Lucy really needs to be distracted for a little bit...and so does Mommy.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are a brave, brave woman. I haven't had the courage to try clothes shopping with both boys yet.

Good luck!

And the reward chart sounds like a great idea! I may use it for Gabe too.