16 April 2009

Feeling Down

Today I weigh less than I have in two and a half years. By mere ounces, but I'm counting it. However, I'm still a little down. I'm eating right and working out. This morning I was out the door by 6:30 while Andrew hung out with the girls before work. I'm drinking 120 ounces of water a day. I'm starting to strength train at home. But it's such a slow process and it's hard to stay motivated when you're at home with two babies.
I'm working on the way I cook. It wasn't bad before, but I'm really trying to be mindful of what I shop for at the grocery store and how I'm preparing things. I'd like to be eating more raw foods. We already don't eat red meat, which is a good start. I'm trying to make salads a big part of my eating because it's a good filler. Since I'm breastfeeding, I'm hungry ALL the time.That's a big problem. I love to snack, but am trying to stay full of water instead.
I'm losing about 2 to 4 ounces a day, which is perfect for a breastfeeding mom 6 weeks postpartum. But when you turn 20 pounds into ounces...that's 160 days of staying on my best behavior and working my tooshie off to get back to where I was.
I'm just trying to remind myself that this weight isn't a result of bad behavior or a lack of activity. I have two beautiful babies to show for it, and breastfeeding is my worst enemy when it comes to weight loss. Maybe this time around it'll work the way it's rumored to work, but it didn't with Lucy so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm trying so hard. I just want to feel like me again. I'm hoping that by Christmas, I'll feel pretty and young again. It's just so hard when I'm eating right and am SO active and I'm still not seeing the results. I guess this is the part people don't tell you about.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It sounds like you have a very positive attitude about it all! And you are doing everything you need to do. It just takes time when you are nursing!!