29 April 2009

A Pie-ee for Me?

Just 11 days until my baby is 2 years old! She's a maniac, so I'm totally pumped about her birthday party. We elected to have two this year, since we have special circumstances.
  • We live 3 hours from friends and family, but we have a lot of good friends here, too. Since Lucy started attending playgroup, she's met a lot of really sweet kids and she actually told me that she wants to have a "Karen" birthday party. I mean, Karen's a character, but...Andrew and I think her "Karen Party" idea is hilarious and we keep picturing all of the kids wearing Karen party hats. Lucy is a tad Karen-obsessed.
  • I'd normally just make everyone drive 3 hours to come to the party, but Grandma and Grandpa Port Angeles will be in town and we're so excited that they'll actually be here for Lucy's party that we've decided to give everyone a free pass to a local party. (You're very welcome, y'all.)
SO, we cut a deal with Lucy. In exchange for not having a Karen-themed party and totally freaking her parents out, we're just going to invite her to the party. We're having a Sesame Street bash. Neither party will be too big, but I looooove parties, so planning it and spending way too much is just my way. I still haven't given Andrew a total from her 1 year party...it may have been a bit ridiculous, but we don't give gifts to her for her birthday- we throw her a fun party. We'll do gifts when she gets older. Her first birthday was a big deal because we survived the first year. Her second is a big deal because she now knows what a "pie-ee" is and gets totally jazzed just talking about birthdays!
Lucy is an Elmo freak (even though she can't handle more than 15 minutes of him at a time and really doesn't watch him more than twice a week...its just something about a fuzzy, red three year old that she loves!) I think Elmo's adorable. I wish I had his zest for life.
Her first party will be May 9th, so I'm now into the party day countdown and am starting to get things together. I'm waiting on party favors and decorations to arrive and I have to finish some last-minute shopping for plates and napkins and what-have-you. (I love that little phrase.)
Oh JEEZ. I totally forgot to check on Maple! Gotta go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you Laura!

Your little sister Meghan turns 12 years old the day before Lucy turns two! How neat is that!

This is Meg's last kid party...I mean it this time. No really. It was fun when they were little but now it is a little old.

Next year we will switch to a sleepover with just a few of her closest friends.

Wish we could have been there to wish Lucy Happy Birthday. Maybe some year Meg and Lucy can celebrate together since their birthdays are only a day apart (oh, actually 1o years 1 day apart).

Keep us updated on the rest.

Love,
Tammy