13 April 2009

A recipe for YOU!


Since I make this about every two weeks and people keep asking me for the recipe, I'm going to make it public. I learned this super easy recipe when I was working at the Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace, MD and I always loved it, so I memorized it and having been making it ever since!

French Toast Casserole

1 large loaf bakery French bread.
18 eggs
1/2 small container flavored creamer - I like Cinnamon Bun, but I've also used French Vanilla and Amaretto with awesome results.
Milk - eyeball it
Vanilla - about 2 or 3 tablespoons
Cinnamon - about the same

To assemble this awesome dish, just cut up your bread into cubes and throw them into a greased 9x13 pan. Easy peasy. Mix up the rest of the ingredients just like you're making French Toast. Also easy peasy! That's why I have no idea what the exact measurements are. Pour batter over bread cubes until egg mixture comes about halfway up the sides of the pan. You can mix the bread and batter together, or just let it go and pop it in the oven. I like to throw a few dabs of butter on the top to make it a little more crusty, but whatever! Bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes, maybe more of less. When your knife comes out clean, it's done. It will puff up high by the time it's done baking and will fall back down - no sweat. Bake it just like a pan of brownies. Serve with maple syrup. This also reheats great in the microwave for about 40 seconds and is a great thing to make on a Sunday night for dessert and keep in the fridge for quick breakfasts through the week. Yum, yum, yum.



1 comment:

Katie E. said...

Cool, I'm going to try it!!