04 April 2009

What A Day.

I did not use the first half of my Saturday very constructively. I was in a terrible, horrible, no-good very bad mood. I think I'm going to change my weigh-in day to a day that Andrew doesn't have to be home with me. That would be considerate. Today I am going as sugar-free as possible, which is really, really hard for me. But 11 I was a total bear, seeing as by 11 I've usually had more than my share of sugar for the day. It's been really tough, but I'm trying my hardest to cut out refined sugar as much as possible. I did have a couple of pieces of candy, but I'm really trying to keep it in check. I've been doing well, but I do have a pretty serious sugar addiction, so the first day of this practice has been tough on the entire family.
We went to Lowe's to buy a new gate for the fence. They don't make them in that size, but Andrew does! So we bought the materials necessary and Andrew is outside now in the horribly violent wind. Lucy's actually afraid of the wind, so she's playing in the car. I had wanted to get a bunch of stuff done today, but it's just too windy to do a thing. :-) Big sad face.
Lucy is doing ok today. Not in a very good mood. I think she's just tired and wanting to be out of the house, too. Until the fence is all done, Maple has to be tied up so that she's not running the neighborhood, so the whole family is feeling a little fractious, I think. It just hasn't been a day I've loved. I'm trying to get my attitude up a little this evening, but this sugar thing really has a good hold on me. I had no idea that sugar is just as tough an addiction as anything else, and I'm trying so hard. I just want to be healthy and more even. Once I get past the first few days, I should be a little better. The hard part will be Monday, not having anyone to be accountable to but myself. :-( I'm dreading it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man, I feel your pain. I gave up sugar and TV for Lent. The sugar was soooooooo hard for the first week or so. Now I barely miss it.

Also, I didn't see any weight loss from the lack of sugar during the first two and a half week and then all of a sudden it started dropping like crazy. 5 pounds in a little over a week!!!!

I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I can see giving up cigarettes cold turkey; everyone who smokes should do just that!! Nasty, very unhealthy habit! Re. giving up sugar, how about cutting back a bit more gradually, like having half of what you really want in a days time. Or how about checking out suggestions from Weight Watchers?
I was very owly yesterday because the doctor wants me off salt for one month and not having salt has to be the worst thing in the world!
Nothing tastes good, and cooking is the pits. Blood pressure is going o.k., though, and that's good.
Love you, and thinking of you. Give your three dolls hugs from us.
God bless, Grandma Susie