08 February 2010

4 Years, Continued.

So, we had a wonderful anniversary. We took the girls out to Outback on Thursday night and ate ourselves silly. Molly screamed happily through most of our meal. We came home and put the girls to bed and settled in to watch Mad Men until we passed out.
Andrew worked a half day on Friday and then came home for a group nap. We love group napping. It's like a sport here on the homestead.
On Saturday, Andrew sent me off to the spa for a Detox Wrap. It was just blissful. I doubt I'd ever spend that much on soft skin, but the results were just mind-boggling! I think I'd actually do it again. Maybe a winter thing. I took the opportunity to drink mimosas in the quiet of the dark spa and got my eyebrows done before I left. You know, it may be pricey, but there is nothing like a trip to the spa to renew your commitment to taking care of your body and doing what you need to do to maintain peace and order in your mind. It was just perfection.
On Saturday evening, Jenny and Addison came over to play with the girls while we went out for a movie. We saw Dear John and it was actually really good. I think the book ended a tad differently, but it was still good. We went to Movie Tavern, which is fabulous. There is nothing like wings and beer at the movies. It was just so nice to feel a little date-night normalcy down here in Fort Worth. We haven't seen a romantic movie in ages, and I don't think Big Love counts...
I can't believe we've been married 4 years. It feels like just yesterday, but it feels like so long ago at the same time. We've been in flux since the day we said "I do." We've moved 6 times, had two babies, changed jobs, traveled and made so many decisions. And it's still been the easiest 4 years of my life. Being married to Andrew is sort of like a movie, most days. He takes works hard, takes care of the girls, plays constantly, kisses with intent and always says he's sorry. It shows in the considerate little people we're raising. Lucy's passion and care for others is so amazing, and I think I have our marriage to thank for that.
Well, it's raining and icky outside. Andrew took my car to work, so the gals and I are just cleaning and doing our thing. I would love to organize the kitchen, but that'll be up to Miss Molly. She tends to run the house when I don't have an extra set of hands to distract her!

No comments: