09 February 2010

One Of Those Days...

I'm not snowed in, but I kinda wish I were. Today I'm just overloaded with all sorts of things to do, and I'm tired. I just want to go back to bed, but it's covered in laundry...I'm going to fold that today. Or Thursday.
Molly woke up with a perforated eardrum and a bad mood. Lucy woke up demanding donuts and friends. So we went to my Mom's group and the store, along with a trip to the pediatrician and a quick lunch in the car with Daddy. This afternoon I have to finish (start?) my book for book club tonight, An Exorcist Tells His Story by Fr. Amorth. It's heavy and not exactly the kind of reading you dive into. Not a word about slingbacks OR brownies. It's interesting, but it's hard to just pick up and do a few pages while you're going about your day, so I really haven't gotten far enough to contribute to the discussion tonight. Not only that, but all I had to take to share was a box of Betty Crocker lemon squares. Blech. So those are in the oven and the girls are reluctantly trying to take naps. Who knows...maybe I can squeeze in a few more chapters before Molly is up...
Tomorrow I'm hosting playgroup. I'm very excited, but I wish I had mre time today to clean my house and get ready for that. Not enough hours in the day...

No comments: