04 February 2010




Well folks, I've gotta say, Lucy is just doing an amazing job of potty training. She's been doing her business there off and on for months, but today is our first day of committed potty training. I must say, she is just doing a stellar job. We decided to go with naked potty training for several reasons. I can't leave the door to the bathroom open because of Molly, and I can't always drop what I'm doing to run to the bathroom with her. So we're using a training potty and she's just staying naked for the ease of running to the potty as soon as she needs to go. Once she really has a handle on how to hold it for a few minutes, we'll move into the world of undies. We do pull-ups for going out, naps and overnight, but we're really trying to just stay at home, close to the potty for a few days.
As of right now, she's been doing better than I ever could have hoped. She's been going on her own all morning and even pooped without a single suggestion from Mommy. She's working so hard! We haven't had an accident yet and she's just so proud of herself. I am SO glad I held out to do this until she was almost 3. It has been a breeze so far, without months of anxiety. I'm so proud of our big girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Lucy! Grandpa Jim and I are so proud of you! Way to go.

Love Ya Peanut,
Grandpa and Grandma

Emily said...

Good call on waiting until almost three. It makes a huge difference. Believe me, through working at KinderCare I've potty trained about half a million kids and no matter what you try, most kids get the hang of it as they approach their 3rd birthday, and some a little after. Better to save yourself the stress until they're developmentally ready!