11 February 2010

I didnt ask you!

On a drive home from the local Kohls where Lucy and I were just wasting some time racing up and down the aisles. Lucy told me TWICE that she needed to use the potty and TWICE we went RACING from the far side of the store to the restrooms. In a public restroom, for the first time I believe, we went #1 AND #2! Very exciting. But that's not what this story is about......

The following blog post is based on a true story... experienced... last night.

Leaving the store at around 830PM, the following conversation occurred in the parking lot as I began backing out of our parking space:

L: "I'm not tired! I don't want to go to bed!" [frantic]

A: "Well sweatheart, it's getting late" [calm]

L: "But I went to bed last week!" [she's been on this last week phrase kick and it just absolutely cracks me up]

A: "Yes, yes you did. In fact, probably 7 times last week." [calm but confused and trying not to laugh]

L: "Sometimes I do go to bed" [nonchalant; she's also been on sometimes I... phrase kick lately, which is the cutest thing ever]

A: "Yes, sometimes you do. And if you ask me, it looks like in about 15 minutes when we get home, you'll be ready for bed tonight" [calm, matter-of-fact]

L: "I didn't ask you." [calm, matter-of-fact]

A: "Excuse me?" [calm but trying to make eye contact, trying hard not to DIE laughing]

L: "Sometimes I do go to bed" [avoiding eye contact and mumbling a little bit, so cute]

Thereafter the conversation circled around last week and sometimes for another 13 minutes until we got home and we put her cute little butt to bed.

- Andrew 11 Feb 2010

No comments: