01 February 2010

Clean and Unwanted

This is a cute little Lucyism for you.

We had a super long playdate and had to stop at the store on the way home. The girls were both falling apart, but I figured I'd rather just be out once so I could go straight to the gym after naps.
In the checkout line, I put everything on the belt and looked up to see both of Lucy's hand full of anti-bacterial hand lotion.
So I lotion Molly, Lucy and Myself, still looking for things to rub with the copious amount of lotion. I say to Lucy, "Well your hands are really clean now, aren't they?! That's so nice!" trying to sound like a patient and completely unfrazzled Mommy.
As we walked out to the car, I had Lucy standing in the cart while I unloaded the groceries into the front of the car. She saw a kid start pushing carts back to the store and started shrieking, "HE'S GOING TO TAKE ME!! KEEP ME SAFE MOMMY!!" (No joke. "Keep me safe" kills me every single time.)
I turned to her and sort of rolled my eyes and said, "Trust me, that poor guy doesn't want to take you."
She stood there for a minute. All of a sudden she lets out this anguished wail.

"HE DOESN'T WANT ME!?! BUT MY HANDS ARE CLEAAAAANNN!!!!!"

I was, for the first time today, at a total loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lucy (and Laura) for the laugh we needed tonight. Never a dull moment with you!

The red-headed Hendrys