24 February 2010

Y'all, I am tired. I am anxiously awaiting news of the birth of my Godchild, preparing for Mo's 1st birthday, getting the house ready for a Merkel-invasion, continuing to potty-train Thing 1, training for a 10k, feeding my marriage and refinishing furniture. It's a wonder I'm even blogging this right now.
If you were to ask me how today went, I would say the following.
"A man brougt a terribly ugly little dog to my house, part of my Amazon order arrived, I still can't get Lucy to sleep through the night, Molly repeatedly threw herself down the slide at McDonald's, I tried the sweet chili sauce and it was heavenly, I saw several huge planes, I'm wondering just how this program will have me running a 10k in 6 weeks and my kitchen is clean.
A 10k is like, a bazillion miles. I'm aware that people do it all the time and that I have to do it to run a marathon someday, but it feels like a lot on Day 3. I'm enjoying it. I've decided to complete this program and then see where I am as far as needing/wanting to join WW. I'm also counting calories, which is depressing but ultimately rewarding, I guess.
Still don't know what day I'm having Mo's party. Maybe the 1st or 2 d. If we wait any longer, Lucy's head might actually explode. I told her we'd party when Mimi got here, and I'd better deliver. This morning I was showering and she galloped in and said, "We'll need balloons, too!" Yes, yes we will...

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Good luck with your 10K training. I hope you blog about your progress. I have one coming up at the end of April.