16 April 2011

Hello, weekend!

It's 6:30 am and I'm in the middle of a "no, it's not time to get up yet" morning with the girls. They're allowed to get up at 7, so they're in there chatting. I just took mo her usual morning juice cup and she freaked out because she wanted milk. This from a child who has refused to drink milk for 6 months. All of a sudden, she'll only drink milk...I'm pregnant and tired and distracted, so I really don't have the energy to investigate further. I'm just chalking it up to Molly being the strongest-willed person in our family. If Molly hates juice, we'll all hate juice.

Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day! We'll be attending 4pm mass tonight because Andrew is running the Warrior Dash tomorrow morning! He's pretty excited, so I hope the weather is great tomorrow. Tomorrow evening we're going to dinner at Lucy's "best fend's" house, so it'll be the perfect way to wrap up the weekend.

We don't have much planned for Holy Week - lots of quiet time and relaxing. We'll be turning the tv off from Sunday night to Sunday night to keep things more focused and prayerful, and I plan to do a craft or activity with the kids each day. On Tuesday we'll be having a little get-together here with the usual suspects, which will be fun, and on Friday we'll be doing the Stations of the Cross for children in the morning.

36 weeks today! I truly cannot imagining carrying this baby to 41.5 weeks like I did Lucy. 38 weeks will be more than enough, thank you very much? I have an appointment Monday am and should have more details about the surgery and hospital stuff then. We will be delivering a week earlier than most sections, but baby is looking good and my OB is confident that we'll be good to go by then. Andrew's dad is being ordained as a deacon in the Church on May 14, so my OB said he'd go a week earlier to see if we couldn't get me healed up enough to be able to let Andrew travel to MD for the weekend! What a guy. Based on my previous recoveries and our amazing and well-behaved children, we think Andrew will be able to slip away, but we're playing it by ear anyway. If things are looking and feeling good, he'll buy a ticket near the end of that week and make a little weekend trip. He'll be going back to work after that weekend anyway, so I'm not too concerned. Can't wait to see pictures from the ordination - thank goodness everyone we know will be there! I'd love to send one of the girls with him, but that will depend on ticket prices, of course..Molly is usually the traveling companion of choice, as she's the one who takes the most effort for whomever is staying behind, but I think in this case it might be better to keep the girls together as we adjust to the newest accomplice..like I said, it's all about flexibility!
Well, I'm 5 minutes away from the running of the girls, so I'm going to figure out some breakfast options and find some clothes. Mornings sure do start early in a house full of toddlers!

2 comments:

Paul Cooke said...

Didn't he learn anything from the Mud Run?
Don't push it with that baby, I'll be getting a video of the whole ordination. LUVYA

emily said...

Laura- That's a great plan for no TV this week. Our pastor wrote a book and in it I read that they only allow their kids to use technology- TV, ipods, texting, facebook, etc. three days out of the week. I love that idea! I usually watch the Passion or the Jesus film on Good Friday.