13 April 2011

Breakfast Chatter

So we were all eating our Cheerios this morning and Lucy and I had this conversation. (Keep in mind that Lucy talks like a 35-year-old and is completely deadpan most of the time.)

"So, I completely forgot to RSVP last week, but I can call the bookstore this morning to see if there's anymore room at the Fancy Nacy party this weekend. Would you like a little afternoon out with Mommy to lunch and the bookstore?"

"Well, what do they do at a Fancy Nancy party?"

"It says here...dress in your smock and beret for an artist party."

"Hmm...the best I can do is a tutu."

"Right. Painting outside like Claude Monet..."

"...I have problems staying in the lines."

"Music?"

"I don't know very many songs."

"Okay...story time?"

"I only know like, 4 letters."

"Wow. Snacks?"

"Well, I can always eat. Sign me up."

3 comments:

Paul Cooke said...

Oh my gosh, that's a gas! She is too cute to be true. Sue just printed the neat picture of Lucy in the blue shirt that I think you had on your blog. Thank you for all the pictures. How's the new computer?
LUVYA

Jennifer Merkel said...

Being Lucy is going to be a bit like being Truman. One day she is going have a moment of epiphany when she realizes that a large number of people have been reading her life. Interesting and sweet to have people you don't even know about, sharing your world. Kind of like the Communion of Saints, in a way.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

--John