10 April 2011

3 weeks to go. Whew.

Well, another weekend down. We spent the entire day today just playing and relaxing. I got some stuff made and into the freezer, which is good. The freezer has been empty for months, but I know the clock is ticking and I'll be glad I did it later! We did a huge batch of French Toast and wrapped them in serving sizes and put them in freezer bags for breakfasts and snacks, and then I did a double batch of the Pioneer Woman's Mac-and-Cheese. If you've never had it before, it'll blow your mind. Sort of like candy for dinner. Got three 8x8 casseroles into the freezer and had a little for lunch, too! Tomorrow we're going to do a big batch of snickerdoodles and a triple batch of Unstuffed Peppers. Hooray! I'm hoping to come up with a few more ideas this week and get some more done before the weekend. We shall see.

French toast + 35 weeks pregnant and hungry = more than I planned for.

Let's see. Oh, we did mani/pedis today. Very important to start the week with good nails. Andrew and Lucy went fishing and Lucy came home with quite the sunburn. It was totally cloudy and they were only out for about an hour, but she managed to grow quite the burn on her shoulders as the day wore on. I hate the way sunburns never really show themselves all the way until it's too late to do anything about it. Mo and I stayed in and I got some sewing done while she chattered on the floor. She's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Her talking is just hilarious and she says some of the craziest stuff. Today Lucy came out with a Mr. Potato head and said it was Mommy. Seconds later Molly came tearing out with her own and said, "See my Daddy-Mommy?"
Just after taking this picture, I realized she looked like a street urchin and I put her hair up. I promise.

She just loves her Potato Heads and will spend ages in the playroom by herself, building and talking to herself. 

Lucy is doing great and is getting very excited about being a big sister for the second time. She totally understands that we still don't know if it's a boy or a girl and she keeps saying, "Well, we'll love it either way, won't we?" She's mastered changing Molly's diaper, which is actually a huge help! Obviously, she sticks to wet diapers, but Molly is incredibly compliant and will do just about anything anyone tells her, so Lucy has no issues controlling her. Molly thinks it's great that Lucy is actually taking over her parenting as well, so she's thrilled with the arrangement. Being the little sister, Molly lives and breathes following directions from Lucy. They're in their bedroom as I type this and Lucy is trying to tell her how to get our attention. "You have to yeww wiwwy wiwwy woud and they can hear you then, okay?"


Well, time for River Monsters! Off to bond with my dearly beloved over giant killer fish!

No comments: