18 April 2011

Full of Fine Moments today...

  • Was it learning that my abcess is, indeed, still around and I'll be starting another round of antibiotics today? No, that wasn't my Finest Moment.
  • Was it answering my door (after the 3 doorbell ring) with a homicidal look on my face (at naptime) only to find that the call I ignored this am was a very nice older couple who were coming to fix my fence? I'm sure that wasn't my Finest Moment...
  • It could have been my neighbors watching me as I untangled plastic eggs from my tree after they all burrowed into the branches in the middle of the windstorm last week, but that probably wasn't my Finest Moment.
  • Maybe it was my weird little dance in Walmart as I loaded milk, a spiral ham, refrigerated biscuits and four bananas onto the belt and PRAYED that it would be under $20 so I wasn't the weirdo putting back eighty cents worth of produce...that could have been my Finest Moment, I suppose. (My total was $19.93, thank you very much! I took those bananas and celebrated like Jesse James.)
  • It may have been my realizing that I swore there would be no TV this week and here my TV is on and wondering when Lucy will be up for some bonding time. My, but that IS a Fine Moment. Aaaaaand OFF.


When I consider all of the Fine Moments I've already had on this long Monday, I'm pretty sure that my Finest Moment was realizing that I am so, so, so flawed and so, so, so ready for Holy Week.

No comments: