25 April 2011

Lesson Learned... Waffles.

L: "No. That bowl of cereal was just a snack. I need waffles. I had DREAMS about waffles. BIG ones. LITTLE ones. IN-THE-MIDDLE ones. CUTTING waffles, SQUASHING waffles, DANCING with waffles and my Grandma and Grandpa and Josiah and Lydia and little-baby-Ben want to play with me too."

Um. Riiiight. But, how am I to resist this cuteness?

A: "Lucy, come to the kitchen. You're waffles are ready. Do you want me to cut them or do you want them like this" [leans plate of waffles towards Lucy so she could see].

L: "Daddddddyyyy." [said lovingly with a smirk and her head cocked to the side]..."You can do better than those".



So, clearly I under-filled the waffle press. But seriously? Criticizing my waffle-making? Man... Daddy duty is getting tougher every time. Geez she's cute.

A: "You're right you little monster. I'll try harder next time. Maybe you can help me."

L: "Okay. It'll be teamwork."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Remember my waffle iron at Frostburg? That we used to accidentally overflow all the time? Maybe you were scarred for life?
~Kandi

Cassie said...

quesedilla-sized waffles?