26 April 2011

One week to go! We're so busy around here, trying to get doctor and dentist appointments out of the way, shopping, cleaning, organizing, finishing up little projects, etc. The weather has seemed to improve, which is a huge blessing. We've been doing nothing but looking at the sky and watching the news for a week, so the nice weather is so welcome!

I took the girls to their 6-month dentist appointment yesterday. Lucy was such a champ. She did her x-rays, had her teeth cleaned, chatted with the dentist, just perfect. Molly was a little out of control because she was so excited about her own appointment, and I was having trouble getting her to sit still. She kept trying to climb up into the chair with Lucy, so I pulled her onto my lap and was teasing her about being a baby. As in, "Lucy's a big girl so she's going to have her teeth cleaned, but my little baby can stay over here with me." She stopped what she was doing and looked at me, and then bent over and rubbed my calf and said, "Mommy's poky!" If ever there were a child who always has the last word, it's Molly. Little stinker.

My last OB appointment was yesterday - everything looks great and I'm schedule for all of my pre-op stuff next Monday. My OB said I have lots and lots of fluid, which accounts for this incredibly wiggly baby. S/he is still doing full flips in there, which are very painful when you're so big. Otherwise, my BP was great, I'm measuring perfect and we're on schedule to pull the little darling out at 12:30 a week from today! I think we have namess picked out "officially," and will be good to go when we meet our newest addition.

I have a couple more "quiet" projects to work on around here, like finishing some paper cranes for a mobile for the baby and finishing up a few more sets of cloth napkins. I'd like to have them all done by the weekend so that I have less laundry to do as far as linens go. I'm also working on getting some printed pictures of the girls out to friends and family and working on a birth announcement for the baby. That coupled with the last of my organizing and cleaning will make for a good, balanced week.

Well, I'll put up some pictures and videos from the weekend at naptime. For now, we're headed out to vacuum the car and attend a meeting at Church. Should be home just in time to put Mo down and hit the couch for a little rest!

No comments: