25 April 2011

Wowza.

The weather men in Texas totally blow my mind. I heard thunder and I was posting my last post, so I thought I'd check for tornadoes since I was already up. So responsible.
Our local storm advisory said "reaching _______ by 3:35am, penny-sized hail, severe wind and rain. Seek shelter in a strong building away from windows" and blah blah blah. No tornadoes.
At exactly 3:35, penny-sized hail starts hitting the window. At 3:43, the hail is gone and the rain is wrapping up. (Because it's scheduled to be 4.4 miles away at this point, you know.) Amazing. I assume the jaw-dropping capabilities of the weather service in this area is due to the tornado threat, but still. It pretty much blows my mind every time.
It is now 3:46 and I'm much more hungry than I was. This may require a glass of milk.

No comments: