23 March 2007

Friday!

Ah Friday...It's payday, and we're going out of town today. I like fun Fridays. :-)
Andrew and I worked on our Bradley stuff last night. It's hard for us, because no matter what we practice now, we still have no idea what to expect when the time comes. I know it's going to be painful, but how painful? I know it's going to be exhausting, but how exhausting?
We're both so excited. We always fall asleep on our sides, facing each other, so we can talk as we fall asleep. Lucy always flips over like us, and lies on her side with her little body just like mine. Last night she was lying on her side and I could feel her little hands and feet wandering around the "top" side of my belly. Andrew put his hand on me, and I could feel her little hand trying to grab at his and figure out what was going on. I'm going to miss being pregnant. It's the most interesting and fun experience. I'm starting to get sore now, but it's worth all the achiness and heartburn to feel her little head bopping around, or to see the outline of her foot as she tries to stretch out.
I am so sad for John and Elizabeth Edwards. I am glad they're continuing with the campaign. You have to keep going, right? And, I think it's important for the world to watch her as she deals with this. She's a strong person, and has so much to say about breast cancer and awareness. I can't say I'd vote for John Edwards, but they really present a strong and loving front through all of this, and I don't think that's a campaign trick. He has a lot on his plate right now, and I think that she is his number one priority, but I do understand their reason for moving ahead with his campaign. I suppose if you let cancer stop your plans, you're letting it run your life. Good for them for pursuing their dreams in the middle of this whole thing.
I have so much to do today. I need to pay "real bills." That means I actually have to mail things and drop checks off to people. Yuck. I'm sure Jesse will pass through here at some point and I can give him his check. I have to drop off our storage rent, and I need to go to the police department to pay a ticket. Andrew left the truck parked the wrong way in our one-way alley and went to Baltimore for the weekend. Well, at least he wasn't breaking a more serious law. I'd much rather he park the truck the wrong way than streak down Main Street.
I need a bowl of cereal.

1 comment:

Jennifer Merkel said...

hope you have a great weekend!
We will because Tim is home!!
Enjoy your time out together and Lucy will get to hear lots of new sounds and enjoy all the bustle. She going to be little one that always wants to know what's going on, just like her mommy!