21 March 2007

WHEW

I just finished balancing the budget for the next few months. I am mentally drained. (As if that's not the norm.) This payweek is one of those weird "we have a whole bunch of unexpected things that you never plan for" weeks. Everything went all out of whack. Out of nowhere, we got about 7 bills we weren't expecting for various things here and there. But the good news is, we won't have to touch our savings with my careful juggling. As long as I can put something in savings from every paycheck, I feel like I'm on the top of the world. I'd put my right leg in savings if they'd take it. And I did such a good job that we're STILL putting $100 in savings. It seems like so little, but it's the discipline that matters. Even if I put $20 in, it's still something. Every little bit counts when you're about to receive a gigantic hospital bill...best insurance around, and we're still going to end up owing. Maybe THEY would take my right arm. At least we'll have our little sweetie to show for it!
So, tonight Andrew and I will sit down for our monthly finance meeting and go over everything.
But, that is AFTER we see a couple of houses and I take my walk. I think I'm going to head to the library and PO now, and then I'm going to head to the mall to wander around until 5. Andrew and I are meeting at Gabriel Brothers to drive to Ellerslie together, and then we're going to see Louisiana Avenue again. I'm excited about that. We'd sure love to have that house on the hill...looking at it as almost as good right now, since we're really not going to be ready to buy til the end of the summer...our house is out there somewhere, I'm sure...

No comments: