16 March 2007

Frostburg- this place is a sham.

www.weather.com says we're expecting 6-10 inches of snow. I don't know why I check that ridiculous site anymore. I really don't think the weather.com people have any idea what happens up here. We usually double the numbers they give us, and that's about right...it's coming down like crazy right now. What's really sad is that I was too hasty, and our down coats are in the storage unit, along with our sweaters. I was too excited. But I should have known better. I've been here for 6 years now- I should know not to put these things away until the end of April...I was just too excited.
HAHAHA, I just heard a snowplow hit a curb.
Frostburg's elevation is about 3,000 feet. This makes it a little town on top of a mountain. Population 8,000. It's cute. But cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im a little peeved that i have to stay an extra day to closedown the building. these silly kids are so anxious to get out of here that they are willing to slip-slide-crash-die all over the roads today anyway. sheesh. see you tonight, beautiful!

Unknown said...

It'll be 70 degrees in Colorado tomorrow...and I know we'll get at least a few more dumps of snow by the end of April. Just when you can almost feel spring...