25 March 2007

LONG weekend....

Well, our last Pre-Lucy event is officially over. I have got to say, we're pretty pumped about that! Now we have a month of counting down to our little girl's big day!
I will start back at Friday. Andrew wishes me to share that I punched him in the face about 3:42am on Friday. Apparently my constant fear that his face-down sleeping will kill him almost killed him. I apologize. I just like him better not dead.
We decided on Friday that we are putting an offer on Louisiana Avenue. We're really really excited about this whole thing. We're gonig to meet up with Jim today and sign the offer so he can turn it in tomorrow. God somehow heard us over here in Frostburg and a lot of our prayers have been answered for this situation, and we're feeling really confident about making an offer. Maybe it's the elevation that makes it easier for Him to hear us. ;-)
We put a lot of stipulations in the offer, but we think it'll be easier to get them to accept it with smaller terms that they can change around. And, the house is showing very badly right now, so we think that now is a great time to put an offer in, before they complete the repairs and the weather gets nicer. I can't remember if I posted pictures of the house. I will check on that...

On Friday afternoon, we left for Hagerstown around 4, and got to the hotel with just enough time to check in and run upstairs to Suite 210. This was a big sign from the heavens to me, but explaining that doom follows the number 210 isn't really a nice way to start off the weeekend. Made me glad we were in room 135.
The rehearsal was successful, and we ended up back at the hotel for the dinner in record time. The highlight of the rehearsal for me was a sign outside the door that said, "Please places butts in butt container. No butt in parking lot or grass." Of course, it was about as good as "Toxic spray on stones." Maugansville, MD has some interesting ways...
The dinner was nice, but I ended up getting pretty sore pretty fast. As far as weight gain and physical change, I've gained the most weight right in my belly, and it's so heavy! It's always a compliment when someone says, "You're carrying her so well!," but to be honest, not carrying her all over means I have that basketball belly pulling in one place, rather than getting support from several different places. So the top of my belly gets very sore very quickly. By about 5pm every day, I've had my fun and need to lie down to get to the other end of the evening!
So I took some Tylenol, and made it through the rest of the evening. Andrew and I retired to our room by about 11:30, and had a nice evening, snuggling and watching National Lampoon Should Stop Making Stupid Movies, or whatever it was called.
On Saturday morning, I pulled Andrew out of bed nice and early and requested Denny's, because I was going crazy thinking about Belgian waffles. So we went out in the rain to find breakfast, but apparently broken waffle irons are a Denny's thing. I almost started crying right there at the table. I ordered French Toast, but it felt like major defeat...
We all got ready for the wedding and headed over to the ceremony site, and the wedding lasted exactly 7 minutes! Very short. The reception was very nice. We said goodbye to everyone around 8:30, and got back on the road. We stopped at Blockbuster on the way home and rented "A Good Year," and watched that when we got back to our cozy little place. It was a nice way to rest our sore little feet. I passed out about 30 minutes into it, and Andrew hauled me to bed around 11:30.
Today we're heading to New Creek to sign the papers on our offer. It would be amazing to see it accepted, but I'm sure they'll counter. We just love that house. If we don't get, we move on the way we have been, and just keep our eyes open, I guess. Once we settle on an offer, we'll have a few days to get our finances in order. I think that right now, I'm most concerned about all the stuff we will have to do AFTER we buy the house. One thing at a time, Laura...one thing at a time...

1 comment:

Jennifer Merkel said...

ahhh....
Youth and possibilities! You guys are haivng so much fun getting your family estabished! It's wonderful.