22 March 2007

Not very Comcastic...

I wrote a big long post. My internet died and ate it. I hate Comcast. Strangely enough, I was so mad that I called Andrew and freaked out about it, (the fourth day in a row) and decided to take a shower and run my hiney down to the Comcast office to flip out. As I was turning on the shower, I looked out the bathroom window and the Comcast truck was rolling up. I threw my smelly clothes on and fairly flew to the poor guy as if he was a mirage. I yelled, "Are you here for me?!!?" He had this look on his face like, "Oh please don't let her go into labor over her stupid internet..." He said, "Well, apartment B said they were having problems..." It was like Highway to Heaven or something. I was tickled. It was like the Think System come to life. So "Steve and Ronnie" have been working on our internet all day, coming up to update Rocky and I about every 5 minutes. We all swapped cell phone numbers and we're just called back and forth like old friends. My internet is still shaky, but I am very pleased with Comcast's prompt service.
(Oh, Rocky is our neighbor. I'm not making people up, I swear.)
Now I will brief you on my lost post. I am so mad. I wrote all morning. Poop.
  • We looked at an 8-bedroom in Ellerslie. It was a little...large. An interesting place that was in our price range, but I am only one woman, and I refuse to clean a giant house. It was odd. It was strategically placed between railroad tracks and a large, fast-moving river. About a sixteenth of a mile from the house on each side. So, if one of the kiddies gets out of the castle, we have 40 seconds to find them before they're hit by a train or drowning in the river. It just seems like buying that house would be a shaky deal.
  • We went back to Louisiana Avenue again. We love it. It's in our price range, has a beautiful view and a decent yard, is a block from the hospital, and will be a "renovator's dream." I think we're going to sit down tonight and work out a whole bunch of stuff, and see what we can do as far as an offer. Our realtor is a great guy, and I think he'll really be able to lead us through this with little or no trouble. The biggest issue is going to be money, as in, liquid cash. BUT, we had GREAT NEWS last night. I followed up with our insurance and my previous temporary state insurance, and it turns out that with our new ATK insurance, the state insurance acts as a secondary, and will cover absolutely everything that Blue Cross doesn't cover for the delivery. So that means we don't have to worry about the gigantic co-pay! It feels like a very big weight has been lifted as far as that goes!
  • Um....other news. I think the baby is considering turning. That would be fab. I have my 35 week appointment next week, and would love to hear some good news!
  • Tonight is Grey's Anatomy. Woop woop!
  • Today's lunch is a PB&J, Fritos, Applesauce and a glass of milk. And if I eat it all, I get a brownie!
  • Tonight's dinner...well...leftover pilaf and something. The trouble here is that I have not thawed any meat. Ok, I'll be honest. We have no meat. I think I'm going to go to the store and buy ingredients for French Dips and Fries. Yep. That's what I want. And Andrew will eat rocks if he can dip them in something, so he'll be thrilled. Curly fries get him every time.
  • Tomorrow we leave for Hagerstown! I am very excited about this, because we're staying in a hotel, which I always love, and we're going to a wedding, and we're having crab cakes! My life is a dream.

No comments: