28 March 2007

Pre-pregnancy clothes....sigh.

I am wearing pre-pregnancy clothes today. It's nice. Granted, the skirt is elastic and the shirt is stretchy, but it takes me back to a time when I could wear what I felt like wearing...soon...I feel feminine and less potato-like today. Except for the foot in my diaphragm. But it's such a cute little foot- I don't want to move it.
I'm on my way out to the PO and to pay for the storage unit. We still haven't heard anything about the house. My nerves are shot. That's what imaginary decorating does to a girl. I need to slow down and relax. The nicest part about this whole house thing is that I'm very happy right here where we are. The house would be fun, and it would be nice to spread out, but I love our little apartment. Yes, it's tiny and stuffy and doesn't hold a lot. But we don't need a lot. I don't want our "needs" to change when we move to a bigger place. I like the way our priorities are right now. I love living here, because I never have to look far to find Andrew, we sleep with the windows open and listen to the birds, and I can snuggle in my bed and see the TV in the living room. I would like to have a dining room. A dining room would just send me. Right now, the only thing I do not like about our apartment is not having a dining room table. When Lucy can sit up for meals, I want her to sit at the table with us and enjoy having dinner as a family. That's my dream. My other dream is a washer and dryer in our home. Life would just be easier. But hauling laundry to the laundromat isn't the end of the world. At least we have somewhere to do it. I think I can be happy anywhere, as long as I have Andrew to greet at night and kiss goodbye in the morning. The rest of it just doesn't matter. If it did, we'd never be satisfied. As it happens, I am one of the most satisfied people in the world, living in this tiny apartment with my best guy. My life isn't always "perfect," but it's really a matter of perspective. It's perfect to me!
I am going to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today, just as soon as I get home. Tonight I'm going to work on my paper. I need Andrew to sit down and read it and reign me back in. I lose perspective easily, especially these days. I just need him to take a look at it and help me figure out what comes next and how far I have to go. At least we have til the end of April to finish it!

No comments: