03 March 2007

Laura the Bad, Bad, Blogger...

Well, I did not post yesterday, because I was driving and eating cookies.
I'm at the house now, and we're getting all packed up to drive to Virginia. We leave tomorrow morning around 10am, and hopefully we'll be there by mid-afternoon.
I had a very nice day today. April and I went to lunch, Old Navy and Target. I ended up spending money, but it was MY vacation money. I bought a couple cute little things for Lu, and some flip flops for da momma. I ALSO bought some cute patootie undies to make myself feel all pretty. I really do feel that pretty undergarments just make women happier. There is nothing nicer than knowing that 1) you match and 2) your underwear costs just a little too much. Andrew always encourages these little splurges, because it's much easier to let me spend $50 on matching underwear than it is to pay $50 an hour for a therapist. I really never spend money on myself, because I always feel so guilty, so when I do end up spending on myself, I have to really battle the angel on my shoulder. But I'm young, and I'm really pregnant, and sometimes it's worth a little splurge when you realize your waist is gone and your chest is following very closely behind it. And if new underwear makes it all better, so be it. Goodness knows I've cut out alcohol, soft cheese, sleeping on my tummy, flexibility and Moutain Dew; there has to be something left for me out there!
I am so excited about meeting Lucy. Andrew must ask me when he gets to meet her about 3 times a day. We're both so over the moon for her- I can't wait to see her all slimy and confused and new. I'm not picky. I like clean babies and dirty babies. I took a bath tonight, and since my belly sticks out of the water like a dead Beluga, I was pouring warm water over it to keep it warm. She just loved that. She actually flipped over so her back was up against my belly, right where she could feel the water. Now she's very still, all nice and zonked from her bath. It's so cute feeling her get all floppy and excited when I turn on the bath water. What cracks me up is that right now, since all we can do is feel each other, we're very in tune to what's going on. I know she's going to come out and do newborn things, like, oh, lie around, and I'm really going to wonder why I thought she was so responsive to me.
Well, I am starting to feel all sore again, so I'm going to call my honey and tell him goodnight, and then we're going to settle in and watch The Transporter. We still have to get some clothes into bags and get some more stuff packed, but if we start it around 9:30, I should have at least 20 minutes of movie-watching time in me...
I worked on my baby wrap tonight. I think it'll work well. I used a baby doll as a model, and ended up squishing the little rubber head under my chin. With any luck Lucy will have more beans in her hiney. That baby doll was just not cooperating with me....

No comments: