15 May 2007

Babies keep you busy!!

Whew. It's been a long week. I am trying to feed Lucy and type with one hand, so this could take all night...
First things first. I love this little chicken so much. She is so good, and so beautiful, and she just makes our life very smiley. She has been a very easy baby so far, and very easy to live with. Having Andrew off for the first couple weeks has been nice. We finally had the chance to put her in her bouncy seat and spend some time alone tonight, and it was much needed and so nice. It has been so nice having our family here, but it's nice getting back to normal and doing our own thing again.
It's been strange coming off the pregnancy train and getting back to my regular body. Lucy is a champ when it comes to nursing, and we haven't so much as hit a speed bump yet, so I'm really happy about that. She's a very business-like nurser, and she gets the job done and gets on with life. I like it when she happens to pass out while she's eating, so I can kiss on her and snuggle her. It's our special Mommy/Lucy time. Andrew loves the fact that I'm breastfeeding, and is absolutely amazed by the whole process, so it's really nice to have such a great support. It was really important to me to extablish a good nursing routine, and I'm really happy with the way things are going.
It's weird seeing Lucy outside of me and hearing her cry after having her inside me for so long. And, the three of us are still getting to know each other. The last few weeks of the third trimester were exhausting for Andrew and I, and I'm so glad to have things getting back to normal. Lucy really doesn't take up much space, and her routine is simple and easy to follow, so we're doing well. She's so cute, and so kissable, but you never realize how exhausting even the most happy baby is until you have them connected to you 24 hours a day. Breastfeeding sure makes our nights easier- it's so nice to just reach over and pull her close, instead of having to prepare a bottle and listen to her cry. It takes us about 2 and a half minutes from the time she wakes up to change her and get her eating. It makes for quiet nights. And she's an amazing sleeper, so that helps right now. In fact, she's totally zonked right now. I'm an idiot for not sleeping. I will finish this soon.
Ok, I'm back. And it's the next day. Thank goodness people don't expect too much from new mothers. I can't be held accountable for anything these days....
OH, we are going to look at a house tonight at 5pm. Please keep us in your prayers as we begin our house hunt again! It's a long haul, and so far we really like this little house- it's out of our hands, I know, but I sure would like to find a place to live. One thing at a time. First we need to figure out our nighttime routine. Once we do that, everything else will be simple. Lucy is sweet, but she still has her days and nights all turned around, and it makes me very tired.

No comments: