23 May 2007

Lucy's Lips

Since Andrew and I started dating (and kissing), I have always thought it's funny to yell or talk into his mouth because it echoes and it's just funny. I don't know why this cracks us up, but it does.

So it stands to reason that Lucy's favorite activity is to listen to the sounds we make into her mouth. She loves to open her mouth as wide as she can while we kiss into her mouth or babble to her. What's sad is it's the only trick she knows, and when she's awake, it's all she wants to do. So we spend most of her awake time making kissy noises. Last night as she was falling asleep I went to kiss her forehead and as soon as she heard the noise she was wide awake with her mouth wide open, waiting to play.
We just got in from a walk to the Post Office and the Library. It is much harder walking up that hill pushing the stroller. I don't think I'm ready for it quite yet. It was about 85 degrees out there, and not pleasant at all, so we're staying in with the fans on, making kissy noises at each other until Daddy gets home. Maybe the three of us will go out tonight and find something to do.

No comments: