28 May 2007

The Naked Walk and Alpha Dog

I just finished feeding the cherub and thought I would write a little and say Happy Memorial Day. My birthday is on Wednesday, if you've forgotten.
We went on a nice long walk today, down the the school, around to 7-11 and back up the big hill. It was very nice, and it felt great to get some exercise. I can't wait to get my body feeling just a bit better and to get out and run. I think we're going to start going out after our 5am feeding so that we're walking in the nice cool mornings, rather than trying to battle the heat. I feel bad when Lucy starts to sweat. (Ok, I feel bad when I start to sweat, too...) As you'll see from the picture, sshe was down to a diaper by the time we were halfway through the walk. She liked it- she does love the nakedness.
We came home and had a kind-of lunch of popcorn, cheesecake and crackers and watched "Alpha Dog," which had SO much profanity. But it was a good movie, even though the nice kid was killed by a crazy boy at the end.
Lucy is eating as I'm typing this, after having completed a three hour nap. I wasn't a Boppy user until just this week, and now I pretty much wear it 24/7. It makes feeding her a breeze! Of course, trying to feed her in public is just a three-ring circus, having spoiled myself with the Boppy. Babies have nipple confusion, Mommies have pillow confusion.
We are going to head out to the grocery store in a bit for lunch stuff for the week. I'm dying for a ham sandwich, so I think we'll do sandwiches for the week. Andrew only works three days this week, and then we're going HOME! I am so excited. I think we'll just tank up the baby really good before we leave, and try to drive straight through. Thank goodness there is no rush-hour in Frostburg. In fact, it's kind of an "anti-rush hour."
I just defined the word "replete" out of thin air. I actually gave the dictionary.com definition to Andrew and then I looked it up, and it was right. I love it when I do that. It's my only cool trick.
Ok, I'm going to post a couple of pics, heat up some chicken and pilaf, and head out to buy my ham. How great is it that today is Monday and Andrew is off?!? We slept in today and snuggled the Lucinator between us til 9. It was so nice. I love federal holidays. Even though snuggling no longer means the two of us spooning the day away. Snuggling now means having little feet in my abdomen, a second set of hands to change that 7am diaper and someone to laugh with when she giggles in her sleep. And that's almost as nice. We have our entire retirement to snuggle.
Haha, I'm going to go give Lucy and her poopy diaper to her unsuspecting daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna Lucille has more nic-names than ANYONE deserves, you know. Lucinator? Lucikins? Miss Thang?
Lu? AnnaLu? Miss Lucy? And others I can't remember right now. I do hope sweet baby Lilly doesn't have to go through that identity crisis stuff.
The picture of Lucy stretched out in her stroller, enjoying the cool (?) air is so cute! She gets into the cutest positions! We know she is just doing everything she can to make us fall head over heels in love with her!! And it's working.
Hugs, everyone.
Grandma and Grandpa H.

Anonymous said...

I love dictionary.com!! Seth and I do the same thing with definitions and pronunciations. As it turns out, we were both right on how "booger" is pronounced. Two acceptable ways!!